FAQ: Why Do My Light Bulbs Keep Blowing? Light bulbs can blow for a number of reasons, and we will try to cover the all the possibilities today in this post. We…
There are quite a few things in this world that homeowners can be confident doing themselves. Wiring a pool or hot tub is not one of those things. Without professional experience and expertise, wiring any kind of electrical appliance can be a dangerous proposition at best.
An electrical service panel is required in order to break up the amps sent to your home into the various branch circuits throughout the building. Power moves from the electrical company’s line, through a meter, and to the main panel, which will hopefully break up the amps in such a way that it can power everything you need.
You may not currently have any trouble with the lights in your home, but professional lighting services can still improve the look of your home, your energy spending, and even your home security. Here at Mister Sparky, electrical services and lighting are our specialties, and we want to help you make sure your new home is as visually stunning, safe, and efficient as you need.
Faulty electrical wiring or inadequate wiring for your home is a safety hazard. Many people choose to call an electrician for whole-home rewiring because they simply cannot risk the danger associated with their older wiring. Consider this: when your home was built, many of the appliances you use today were not even in existence yet. Older wiring systems cannot accommodate some of the gadgets we rely on today…
Fans have been around much longer than traditional air conditioners and continue to be used throughout the country in the warmer summer months. Ceiling fans in particular run at a considerably lower cost than air conditioning systems and they are an aesthetically pleasing addition to any room, much more so than a standing fan or a desk fan.
If you have an older home without updated electrical wiring, it may be time to schedule whole house rewiring services from a licensed contractor. Anytime that a wiring renovation is involved in your home, you need a skilled, qualified professional to perform a thorough inspection and take the proper measures to ensure safety and quality.
When your home was originally wired, technicians could not anticipate all of the ways you would eventually use electricity. When your older home was built, electricians could not have foreseen the advent of widespread computer usage, microwaves, flat screen TVs, and air conditioning systems.
You may notice that, after leaving your light switch on for a few minutes, the switch feels warm or even hot to the touch when you go to turn it off. Is this a problem, or simply part of the natural switch operation? Well, it depends on what kind of switch you’re using.
The most important thing to any homeowner is the safety and protection of family members in the home. And two important inventions help ensure that your home is the safest place to be. First, your smoke detector alerts you whenever it senses that there may be a fire. And a carbon monoxide detector alerts you when this dangerous gas may make you or the members of your household sick.